April 25, 2007

Confessions

You were right. It was all an act. A very elaborate one, at that.

You told me not to get carried away by those flowers and love notes. I chose not to hear you.

You told me he didn't actually mean whatever he said. I thought you were just jealous I found someone.

You told me he's not my type. I didn't speak to you for 3 days.

You told me not to let him take advantage of my situation. I let him do just that.

You told me you knew another girl whom he hurt. I called you a liar.

You told me you found it difficult to see me doing the biggest mistake of my life, before you walked out of my house. I never called you back.

You were right.

He didn't mean all that he said.

He's not my type.

He took advantage of my loneliness.

There was another girl before me.

You told me all this. You're right.

But then...

You never told me you were the other girl.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Nithya said...

Orey Feelings poem (erm..not a poem exactly :) ) a irukku...Twist in the Tale style thaan :)
Good one

April 25, 2007 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Priya Iyer said...

Great post! Liked it very much....

April 26, 2007 at 9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super ponga... kalakitinga

Liked it ...sema twist

April 27, 2007 at 3:24 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

touchingu....,nice tuvist

April 27, 2007 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Random thots said...

Happens...happens

May 10, 2007 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger RustyNeurons said...

Lovely! I first stumbled across your blog (the other one) through blogchaat.. i like this story (err.. i would like to think this as prose than verses!)better ;)

May 10, 2007 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Priya Arun said...

Nithya, Priya, Neo(Anon), Sharan - Thx! :-)

Gal - It does? ;-) btw, welcome!

RustyNeurons - Welcome! and yeah, this is prose.. sometimes you just feel like rambling on..and it seems such an injustice to call a ramble a poem (ghastly, to sound English)!

May 12, 2007 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger Vivekanand M said...

U know, i was readin abt dramatic monologues cpl of mins bak...urs is prose alrite but do try ur hand at this:
http://books.guardian.co.uk/poetryworkshop/story/0,,2079391,00.html

May 15, 2007 at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home